VP Of Engineering London
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 6,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Here at LoyaltyLion we’re shaking up the way ecommerce retailers do business with our loyalty platform. We’ve grown from a company of 8 awesome people to 50 awesome people in the last three years and from 300 retailers using our platform to over 7000 today!
We are seeking a commercially astute and visionary senior technologist to join us in London to own, optimise and evolve our tech platform. In this role you will report to our CEO, manage our development managers and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
We will look to you to take our engineering organisation and take us to new heights as we seek to triple the size of the development team in 2021. We’re seeking a builder of high performing teams, and an investor in people who knows how to empower their teams, to do their best for themselves and the others around them, and encourage strong succession planning.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- You will create, refine and communicate our technical strategy, providing your engineering team with technical leadership
- You’ll evolve our software architecture to match our strategic goals and commitment to the highest levels of service and product ambition
- You’ll work closely with our product managers to build a roadmap that delivers across our three main functional areas (merchant/customer portals, insight and reporting systems, back-end) plus the technical roadmap items necessary to help the platform be reliable, performant and flexible. Together you will ensure a healthy and constructive creative tension for quarterly and sprint-based pragmatic delivery towards our goals
- You’ll collaborate closely with your team to problem solve, drive delivery, quality and creativity. You will review our code review processes to encourage best practice and you will coach engineers and managers on a continuous basis, always sharing useful, timely feedback
- You’ll define and implement the optimal process that our engineering teams should
follow whilst generally unblocking productivity or communication issues
- Our ambitious roadmap requires that we grow the engineer teams from 6 to at least 16 people in the next year. You’ll play a major role in driving our inclusive hiring strategy and taking responsibility for interviews and hiring decisions.
Product and Process – the nice stuff to know beforehand
LoyaltyLion’s core product is comprised of three main components:
- A user interface for shoppers to interact with the loyalty program and redeem rewards, in the form of a Typescript / React SDK
- A set of integrations and APIs to deliver event streams (purchases, user signups and more) from the key ecommerce platforms
- A merchant interface for store owners to define and configure their loyalty program, built with Ruby/Rails
- Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database.
We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day. Your challenge will be to take our product and processes and ensure they work as we continue our rapid customer and employee growth.
What we’re looking for:
- A demonstrable track record of engineering leadership in high growth environments, with a team of at least 10 engineers
- Experience hiring, building and retaining a team, particularly through periods of sustained growth
- You are experienced in being responsible for high-reliability, low-latency, and you know the importance of ensuring reliability every-day, every-hour and with every release
- You’ve owned and led the delivery of substantial SaaS projects
- Familiarity with other elements of our technology stack would be an advantage
- You started your career as a full time developer and have built a breadth of technical knowledge that lets you converse easily with engineers and product managers.
What we offer:
Throughout COVID-19 we are working remotely for the time being, although our regular office is located in Farringdon. We’re committed to supporting anyone that joins us mid-pandemic in a way that enables you to; onboard smoothly, integrate with teams and feel a part of the team. In addition to this we offer:
- Be part of the the first 75 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Brand new Macbook, magic keyboard and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote working
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year
- Company days out and events (virtual for now)
- Home office budget
- Cycle scheme
- WeWork All access and access to an office space throughout COVID.
We’re constantly reviewing our perks and benefits and are currently looking to introduce a new set of benefits for the ‘new way of working’ for the time being.
We’re offering a very competitive package for this position.