Head Of Finance London
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 6,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Here at LoyaltyLion we’re shaking up the way ecommerce retailers do business. We’ve grown from a company of 8 to 50 in the last two years and from 300 retailers using our platform to over 6,000 today!
We are looking for a highly motivated and commercially focused Head of Finance with an interest in technology.
As our Head of Finance you will be integral to the continued expansion and success of LoyaltyLion. Up to this point all of our forward looking modelling has been completed by our CEO and Team Leads (I know – we’ve left it late for this particular hire!), so you’ll have the opportunity to shape our finance function from the ground up.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Working with the CEO to support future fundraising rounds. You’ll be responsible for all forecasting and will be involved in board level discussions
- Owning and redesigning our forward looking models – ARR and cashflow forecasting, CAC:LTV etc
- Helping inform strategic decisions with robust financial models based on your independent market research (we’ll point you in the right direction) e.g. identifying our most profitable customer segments, seeking out new market opportunities and refining product pricing
- Designing and implementing clear KPI dashboards across all revenue teams to accurately forecast future revenue
- Identifying areas for business improvement e.g. sales pipeline conversion, customer churn analysis, CAC by customer segment
- Monthly team, board and investor reporting
What we’re looking for:
- Considerable experience as management consultant or working as an qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience working in-house as a Finance Director / Head of Finance or Financial Controller (in a larger organisation)
- Experience in a fast growing company
- Experience in an established finance team (you’ll be building one of your own and will be largely autonomous)
- Experience of building complex financial forecasting models (we have 6,000 customers in 20+ countries, paying in three currencies)
(Experience and qualifications aren’t all strictly essential).
A little more about the person beyond the experience:
- You’re a motivated self-starter who is driven by the challenge of building something yourself from scratch
- Impeccably high attention to detail and pride in what you deliver
- Results/outcome focused – everything you produce will be used to inform a critical decision
- Throughput mindset – because there is always a new challenge to solve it’s better to provide the right answer fast than a beautifully presented answer late
- You’re a motivated self-learner. We’ll work with you at the start so you’re familiar with LoyaltyLion then we expect you to teach us – bringing new ideas and solutions
- Strong communicator – you’ll be working with and bringing together the reporting of marketing, sales, success and partnerships teams
What we offer:
- Opportunity to make your mark – this is a new function and one that is very much needed
- Be part of the the first 50 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Brand new Macbook, magic keyboard and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- We’re remote right now due to COVID, but we also offer remote working opportunities post COVID
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year.
- Company days out (post COVID)
- Fun working environment in a brand new office in Hatton Garden with a lovely roof terrace (post COVID)
Salary: competitive dependent on experience + benefits