Welcome to the third and final part of our collection of facts and figures where we’re looking at the importance of customer engagement. If you missed our previous posts, you can revisit part one on customer retention and lifetime value, and part two on points and rewards.
- Highly-engaged customers buy 90 percent more often and spend 60 percent more per transaction. Engaged customers deliver three times the value to a brand over the course of a year (Rosetta Consulting)
- Loyalty programs aren’t just for repeat customers – a first time purchaser who joins the loyalty program spends 40% more than a first time purchaser who doesn’t (LoyaltyLion)
- 80% of customers indicated they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences (Epsilon)
- 25% of consumers find it frustrating when retailers fail to recognize them as a previous or existing customer (Kitewheel)
- Between 25 and 50 percent of a brand’s highest spending customers also shop with their competitors (McKinsey and Co)
- 49% of millennials stopped using a loyalty program after receiving irrelevant communications (Retail Council)
- 85% of loyalty programme members haven’t heard from a company since they signed up (Retail Council)
- 82% of emotionally connected consumers will not only promote a brand among their friends and family, but they will also spend more (Cap Gemini)
- 70% of consumers don’t sign up for a loyalty programme due to the inconvenience and time required to complete the registration (Retail Council)
- 57% of consumers want to engage with their loyalty programs via mobile devices (CMO.com)
We hope these statistics will help you to prove the value of customer engagement and your loyalty investment. More importantly we hope they will help you maximise the return you see on that investment.
As we mentioned back in part one of this blog, the answers to the unknown unknowns lie in experience and data. Download our free Ecommerce Insights tool and take the first step towards understanding your most loyal customers, and benchmarking yourself against others in the industry.
Want to see what we’ve learnt from the ecommerce stores using LoyaltyLion? Check out our customer loyalty statistics PDF.
If there are other areas you’d like to see stats for, then don’t hesitate to get in touch. Otherwise, head to our blog for more ecommerce loyalty resources.