LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 small and medium sized retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. An experience where customers feel valued, rather than just another number.
It’s been an incredible two years for LoyaltyLion. We closed $12.5m early last year and another $12m this year, and we’ve grown from 40 employees to over 100. We’ve built out our Leadership team, recruiting a CTO, CFO and Director of Product amongst other senior hires and we continue to scale quickly, achieving spots in both the Deloitte Fast 50 and the FT1000. This is just the beginning of our inflection point.
The Marketing Department at LoyaltyLion started its journey in 2018 with the first hire of a Marketing Manager. It has since grown to a team of ten and today inbound accounts for approximately 40% of LoyaltyLion’s revenue. With a team of ten Marketers focussed across demand gen, content, partner marketing, product marketing and marketing operations, Marketing delivered a 70% YOY increase in inbound revenue in 2021.
Every day we reach thousands of ecommerce Marketers. We do this via digital marketing channels such as PPC and SEO, through webinars and content with great partners such as Klaviyo, ReCharge and Attentive, and through thought leadership published in key publications like Forbes, MyCustomer, Econsultancy. We drive growth at every stage of the funnel, working closely with Sales, Success and Partnerships to deliver a compelling and consistent narrative as part of every conversation and at every stage of the customer journey. This year we ran our first virtual loyalty conference, Loyalty Connect, which attracted over 1500 signups.
This is just the start of LoyaltyLion’s marketing journey – the foundations are in place, but we want to reach hundreds of thousands of ecommerce Marketers on a daily basis. Our vision is for Marketing to become the key revenue driver within the business, with our inbound growth engine scaling 10x over the next four years. We want to be recognised globally as the experts in customer loyalty in the Shopify ecommerce ecosystem, seen as the first port of call for every ecommerce store looking to drive growth by building better relationships with their customers.
LoyaltyLion is already used by over 10k businesses, but even today 90% of ecommerce businesses do not have a loyalty program. The incoming CMO must come on board with high energy, a relentless focus on growth, and a laser-focus on the goal of designing and overseeing the strategy that helps us reach that 90%.
Reporting to the CEO, Charlie Casey, and working closely with other senior stakeholders you’ll play a key role on the leadership team, and have complete accountability for LoyaltyLion’s marketing strategy, budget and success. You’ll have full ownership over the success of your marketing strategy, from explaining your reasoning and cost benefit analysis to the board, to presenting the results as you achieve them. Marketing investment will be yours to unlock with the right evidence and planning.
• Working closely with the leadership and board to help shape the overall company go to market strategy and the role marketing plays, driving 10x our customer acquisition efforts over the coming four years
• Presenting a business case for and being responsible for the deployment of a multi-million pound marketing budget
• Supporting our Series B fundraising rounds by clearly articulating the ROI and opportunity of marketing lead growth initiatives
• Cementing LoyaltyLion as the market leader for SMB ecommerce businesses
• Coaching and training the Marketing team, maintaining extremely high standards of excellence, implementing best practice processes and inspiring creativity across every activity
• Understanding the performance, CAC and ROI of each Marketing channel, making quick decisions about where to reprioritise budget and focus to drive greater gains from our existing channels
• Working closely with the Director of Product to refine and execute the Marketing collateral and touchpoints required to execute a self-serve, product-led growth strategy
• You will own LoyaltyLion’s presence offsite, ensuring that from G2 to the Shopify Appstore, we’re putting our best foot forward in terms of both the content we share, and the reviews we generate
• You’ll have your finger on the Shopify pulse, monitoring and participating in conversations across social media groups, online communities and feedback, and you’ll share what you learn back to the Product Team
• You’ll always have an eye on our partners and competitors, consistently researching innovative ways to surpass industry standards in the way we communicate our Product
Proven experience of explosive B2B/SAAS growth
• You’ve held a marketing leadership role in a B2B SaaS company that scaled from low 10s of millions to over $100m in ARR. That SaaS business focused on SMBs.
• You’ve scaled a comparably high-growth technology in a new and innovative product segment, where adoption is low and consideration of purchase high
• You know what it takes to scale user acquisition from 100s of paying inbound customers a year to thousands. You know the channels to invest in, the processes to implement and resources needed
• You’ve proven yourself as someone who can build a high volume inbound growth machine. This means at least 50,000 prospects a year, ideally hundreds of thousands
• You’ve experience deploying a marketing budget in the millions and can prove the ROI
Highly analytical and data-driven
• You’re passionate about unit economics and use data to drive decisions – you’re highly KPI and metric driven
• You’re on a relentless quest to understand how marketing activities drive revenue growth and other key success metrics
• You’ve built well-oiled but highly-experiential marketing machines that deliver transparent ROI across every channel
A strong passion for performance marketing
• Your track record for driving acquisition across digital marketing channels including PPC, SEO and Display is strong
• You know how to attract, convert and retain high volumes of customers within a self-service framework
• Though you may not sharpen these skills on a daily basis, your understanding of performance marketing remains strong enough to help your team identify and fix key issues or pinch points at the top of the funnel
A strategic brand-builder
• You have the experience required to balance growth initiatives with the importance of building a strong brand
• You know what a great brand looks like. You’ve rebranded businesses before, and you know what it takes to deliver a best-in-class brand experience across every marketing channel and experience
Leadership that inspires confidence and creativity
• You’re an accomplished leader – your peers and reports will speak highly of your ability to help them accomplish their goals. Your reports will say you brought focus and clarity to their work and provided what they needed to accomplish their goals
• You’re an exceptional coach – your team can work with autonomy and independence while feeling supported
• You’ve worked with multiple marketing team structures, so you know exactly how to structure, hire and drive the success of a high-performing team
• Our values are second nature – delivery over deliberation, get uncomfortable and grow, team before ego and personally accountable are terms that resonate with you
Who wouldn’t like this job:
• If you get your kicks from ABM, Enterprise or Mid-market marketing then this is unlikely to be a role that you would love
• We understand that intuition plays a role in the marketing discipline but we’re looking for a ‘data first’ marketeer. If you don’t personally love working with large amounts of data then this is not the role for you
We’re currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer:
• Remote and flexible working
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 5 days holiday over into the next holiday year
• Company days out and events, and team socials
• Home office budget
• Cycle scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Private medical insurance
• Competitive learning and development budget
• EMI options scheme
• The opportunity to join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it, the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
• Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job