Software Engineer - Platform Team London
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Backed by Kennet, a SaaS-focused growth stage investor, with over $900 million under management and offices in Silicon Valley and London.
Here at LoyaltyLion we’re shaking up the way ecommerce retailers do business. We’ve grown from a company of 8 to more than 90 in the last three years and 300 retailers using our platform to over 10,000 today! We have also recently been recognised as one of the fastest growing startups in the country after included in the Deloitte Fast 50!
In the development team, you will be part of a ‘zero blame’ culture; we know that sometimes things go wrong and that’s okay! The only way we can punch above our weight is to understand the tools and tech we work with. You will collaborate with your peers to solve problems pragmatically, and always focus on the fundamentals.
LoyaltyLion’s core product is comprised of three main components:
- A user interface for shoppers to interact with the loyalty program and redeem rewards, in the form of a Typescript / React SDK
- A set of integrations and APIs to deliver event streams (purchases, user signups and more) from the key ecommerce platforms
- A merchant interface for store owners to define and configure their loyalty program, built with Ruby/Rails
- Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database.
We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
The Platform team’s charter is to build the foundations of the Loyalty Program which underpins our entire product offering. In practical terms, this includes:
- Integrating with ecommerce platforms to handle hundreds of millions of dollars value in order data every month
- Providing key external and internal APIs – like the ability to claim a reward or earn points for a purchase
- Serving customer traffic that can ramp up by 100x at any time – with reliably low latency
What we’re looking for:
- Take pride in your work & build for readability, maintainability and safety
- Be a self-starter and a clear communicator – as part of a small team, you’ll be developing the requirements for your work in collaboration with the product owner
- Approach your work with an ownership attitude
As an added bonus, you might:
- Have exposure to the secondary languages we use in our stack (Ruby)
- Know your DevOps and infrastructure – we use AWS ECS, Terraform and Postgres
- Bring frontend & react development expertise
- Have prior experience in ecommerce
What we offer:
We are currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer:
- Be part of the first 100 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point – eCommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote and flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year
- Company days out and events, and team socials
- Home office budget
- Cycle scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Private medical insurance