Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team London
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 6,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Product and Process
LoyaltyLion’s core product is comprised of three main components:
- A user interface for shoppers to interact with the loyalty program and redeem rewards, in the form of a Typescript / React SDK
- A set of integrations and APIs to deliver event streams (purchases, user signups and more) from the key ecommerce platforms
- A merchant interface for store owners to define and configure their loyalty program, built with Ruby/Rails
Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database.
We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
The Platform team
The Platform team’s charter is to build the foundations of the Loyalty Program which underpins our entire product offering. In practical terms, this includes:
- Integrating with ecommerce platforms to handle hundreds of millions of dollars value in order data every month
- Providing key external and internal APIs – like the ability to claim a reward or earn points for a purchase
- Serving customer traffic that can ramp up by 100x at any time – with reliably low latency
What we’re looking for:
As a senior engineer on the platform team, you should:
- Bring the experience and hard lessons from building, owning and operating highly used web services as a senior engineer on another team
- Write and review code with a level of care and quality that sets a standard for the rest of the team
- Have the leadership and communication skills to drive cross-cutting technical projects alongside colleagues inside and outside the engineering team
- Approach your work with an ownership attitude
As an added bonus, you might:
- Have exposure to the secondary languages we use in our stack (Ruby)
- Know your DevOps and infrastructure – we use AWS ECS, Terraform and Postgres
- Bring frontend & react development expertise
- Have prior experience in ecommerce
What we offer:
Throughout COVID-19 we are working remotely for the time being, although our regular office is located in Farringdon. We’re committed to supporting anyone that joins us mid-pandemic in a way that enables you to; onboard smoothly, integrate with teams and feel a part of the team. In addition to this we offer:
- Be part of the the first 75 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Brand new Macbook, magic keyboard and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote working
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year
- Company days out and events (virtual for now)
- Home office budget
- Cycle scheme
- WeWork All access and an office space (post lockdown).
We’re constantly reviewing our perks and benefits and are currently looking to introduce a new set of benefits for the ‘new way of working’ for the time being.