LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 small and medium sized retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. An experience where customers feel valued, rather than just another number.
It’s been an incredible two years for LoyaltyLion. We closed $12.5m early last year and another $12m this year, and we’ve grown from 40 employees to over 100. We’ve built out our Leadership team, recruiting a CTO, CFO and Director of Product amongst other senior hires and we continue to scale quickly, achieving spots in both the Deloitte Fast 50 and the FT1000. This is just the beginning of our inflection point.
The Product team is growing at LoyaltyLion and we’re due to double in size this year. You will be joining at a key moment as we scale so will have the opportunity to help shape our future.
You’ll join a cross-functional team consisting of engineering and design professionals who you will partner with to solve our customers problems. You will be responsible for understanding the problems we want to solve, for who and why, and working with your team to identify and execute the best solution approach to achieve your objectives.
You’ll spend time engaging with our customers to understand their challenges and business context through activities such as interviews, surveys and feature request responses and you’ll leverage this feedback and research to support the direction of the product.
Partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation you will establish strong two-way communication flows enabling continuous alignment to the short term and long term product direction. As a member of the Product team, you will lean on your previous experience to contribute to our community of practice. You will propose improvements or alternative approaches based on what you have seen work previously or on newly acquired learning you think will be beneficial and want to put into practice.
We’re a small team in an exciting, fast growing, ambitious organisation. Product Managers at LoyaltyLion are expected to take end to end ownership of their product vertical operating across strategic (timeline: 1-3 years), operational (timeline: 1-3 months) and tactical (timeline: 1-3 sprints) levels considering the “why”, “how” and “what” for their domain.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of a specific user domain and gain insight and understanding of the personas within that domain and the problems they want to solve
- Identify opportunities to improve our customer’s businesses and partner with your team to identify and execute on solution approach
- Define outcome based strategy and value driven roadmap for your area
- Move the needle on the business metrics for your domain ensuring that value is delivered with every release
- Create and manage the product artefacts within your area of responsibility ensuring they are up to date and shared with the appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage product artefacts created to support sales enablement and marketing materials
- Communication of product plans and releases with the appropriate level of detail for the target consumer
- Collaboration and engagement with other departments including partnership building with our GTM teams to ensure knowledge sharing and alignment
- Consider data at each stage of the product life cycle, ensuring success metrics are considered and product analytics are built in
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data available to inform decision making and explain prioritisation and scoping decisions
- Where limited data is available identify hypothesis to test and low cost experiments to run to enable you to gain further insight
- Ensure that your product development team are close to the user and their problems and actively engage in solution discussions and design as a member of the team
- Understand various options from lowest effort to most sophisticated and make the call on the best course based on cost/benefit
- Apply commercial awareness to your product considering positioning, pricing and communication for each release and how these will potentially impact business drivers
- Actively contribute to product process improvement to help drive the product discipline forward as we scale
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a seasoned Product Manager with experience building and launching B2B2C SaaS products
- You have experience working directly with development teams to define and execute on solutions and you’re comfortable having implementation discussions and challenging approaches to reach the best outcome where appropriate
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator and are able to articulate your vision, approach and plans at the right level to the right audience at the right time
- You are data literate and can identify key tracking metrics or data points that can be built-in or utilised to inform your decision making and you can identify creative ways to source data where it may not be obviously or readily available
- You are comfortable saying no, where it is required to ensure that the product continues to move forward in the right direction and you are able to adequately explain why that is the case
- You understand that the role of Product is to partner with other functions to achieve the best outcomes for the customer and the organisation and you can flex between the roles of leader and teammate depending on the context
- You are an excellent problem solver who is not inhibited by the status quo and you have the drive and determination to solve problems that you encounter, favouring the simplest solution to reach improvement
- Prioritisation comes naturally to you and you are able to identify the value and trade-offs associated with any prioritisation activity and explain them to others easily
- You are passionate about Product Management and invest in continuous learning and development in your discipline
Nice to have experience:
- eCommerce or Martech products
- SaaS onboarding freemium or free trial products
- SQL and product analytics tooling such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Gainsight etc
What we offer:
We are currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer:
• Join at a major inflection point – eCommerce is booming and with it, the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
• Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
• Remote and flexible working
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 5 days holiday over into the next holiday year
• Company days out and events, and team socials
• Home office budget
• Cycle scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Private medical insurance