LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Backed by Kennet, a SaaS-focused growth stage investor, with over $900 million under management and offices in Silicon Valley and London.
In the development team, you will be part of a ‘zero blame’ culture; we know that sometimes things go wrong and that’s okay! The only way we can punch above our weight is to understand the tools and tech we work with. You will collaborate with your peers to solve problems pragmatically, and always focus on the fundamentals.
Product and Process
LoyaltyLion’s core product is comprised of three main components:
Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database. We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day.
The Platform Team
The Platform team’s charter is to build the foundations of the Loyalty Program which underpins our entire product offering.
In practical terms, this includes:
• Integrating with ecommerce platforms to handle hundreds of millions of dollars value in order data every month
• Providing key external and internal APIs – like the ability to claim a reward or earn points for a purchase
• Serving customer traffic that can ramp up by 100x at any time – with reliably low latency
As Tech Lead for the Platform team, you’ll be responsible for:
• Upholding standards of technical excellence on the team via code review and feedback on software design
• Supporting the team in shipping great software, rapidly and safely
• Planning, coordinating and executing on large-scope high-impact technical projects
• Improving on our development and deployment processes together with the engineering manager for your team
• Has a deep fluency in Typescript & NodeJS
• Brings experience working in all parts of the web stack
• Lives and breathes effective & high-value code review
• Knows that the best way to make a big impact is to empower the team around them
Has designed, implemented and operated significant production systems
We are currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer: