Infrastructure Engineer London
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
Backed by Kennet, a SaaS-focused growth stage investor, with over $900 million under management and offices in Silicon Valley and London.
Here at LoyaltyLion we want to make relationships the foundation of commerce.
We’ve grown from a company of 8 awesome people to more than 90 awesome people in the last three years. Tech is a big part of our business, which is why we are looking to add an Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer to our team.
Product and Process
LoyaltyLion’s core product is comprised of three main components:
- A user interface for shoppers to interact with the loyalty program and redeem rewards, in the form of a Typescript / React SDK
- A set of integrations and APIs to deliver event streams (purchases, user signups and more) from the key ecommerce platforms
- A merchant interface for store owners to define and configure their loyalty program, built with Ruby/Rails
Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database.
We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
As Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll have the responsibility of:
- Tracking and improving on the team’s Accelerate metrics (deploys per day, change failure rate)
- Establishing an Observability mindset in the team
- Working with the software engineers in your team to define and monitor appropriate SLAs for the product
- Ensuring we’re monitoring the right metrics & building out our runbooks so anyone on the team can react to an alert
- Advising on and building out infrastructure on AWS to enable our product goals
In the development team, you will be part of a ‘zero blame’ culture; we know that sometimes things go wrong and that’s okay! The only way we can punch above our weight is to understand the tools and tech we work with. You will collaborate with your peers to solve problems pragmatically, and always focus on the fundamentals.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful as an Infrastructure Engineer, we want passion, also curiosity, but also you should bring:
- Production experience deploying, maintaining and operating products end-to-end on AWS
- Have built and managed significant production infrastructure with an Infrastructure as Code approachWe use Terraform, but experience with e.g. Pulumi or CloudFormation still counts
- Know the unix & system administration fundamentals to dive deep when needed
- Have experience operating production SQL database deployments – we use Postgres
- Take a collaborative approach – it’s up to you to share your DevOps mindset with the team around you and help them help themselves
As an added bonus, you might:
- Bring more specific past experience with our infrastructure stack:
- HA Postgres with Patroni
- AWS ECS
What we offer:
We are currently operating on a hybrid model, with a mix of home and office-based work from our new HQ on Fleet Street!
In addition to this we offer:
- Be part of the first 100 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point – eCommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote and flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year
- Company days out and events, and team socials
- Home office budget
- Cycle scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Private medical insurance